For all my cheese lovers, here is a treat for you. This super easy oven-baked recipe melts the camembert into a hot cheesy dip. Scoop it up with some fresh toasted baguette and add some caramelized onion chutney for a heavenly bite.
Ok let’s not ignore the elephant in the room… we all know that Camembert stinks and if you leave it in your fridge for one day the smell takes over your whole kitchen BUUUUUUT its deep and rich flavour makes it all worth it and the funky smell disappears when you bake it.
It makes the perfect weekend night splurge for two or you can have it as a starter for four. It’s incredibly easy to make and will definitely impress your guests. I also love to serve it on my cheese boards but I have noticed that no one pays attention to the other cheese options when there is a baked Camembert around.
Have you tried this before? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below, Bon Shabétit!
- 250 g Camembert
- 1 tsp dried Thyme - You can use fresh as well
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Caramalized Red Onion Chutney
- Fresh Baguette - Or your preference
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Unwrap the cheese and put it back in the wooden box with a non-stick paper (optional).
- Slash the cheese and cut the garlic and squeeze them in.
- Top it up with some dried thyme and sprinkle some honey and olive oil on it.
- Bake it in the middle of the oven for approximately 20 min.
- Serve with fresh toasted bread and some caramalized onion chutney.